The weather is cool, my keyboard is behaving, my cat is being cute and snuggly , and I have some tasty soup (Chicken con Queso, the cat’s choice) just waiting to be heated for my late night dinner. So, before I get to soup, and resume reading my current library book (Water: The Epic Struggle for Wealth, Power and Civilization, by Steven Solomon, so far really good), here are some more songs for you to enjoy.
- Emily Smith – “Sweet Lover of Mine” – I love this song. I’d go so far as to say this is always going to be one of my all-time favorite Emily Smith songs, no matter what else she records in future years.
- Europe – “On Broken Wings” – When I was a kid this song was only available on a VHS concert video, not on a studio album, so I watched that video a LOT just for that segment. Now, I can listen to it on spotify because it was included finally on an album. I was VERY happy when I saw that this song was available, because I have not had a VHS player in many years.
- Europe- “Coast to Coast”
- Europe – “Tomorrow” – Joey Tempest was so dreamy on this song 🙂 I suppose he may still be dreamy, but he has aged a bit. He does at least still look a bit like his 1980’s self, unlike the Nelsons, who remind me more of the lead singer of Rascal Flatts now.
- Eva Cassidy – “At Last”
- Fierce Bad Rabbit – “Chasing After Things (We Don’t Know the Names)” – My favorite song to hear live from this band. Their bassist just got married this weekend, to the trumpet player from Mama Lenny and the Remedy, easily one of the cutest couples in the Colorado music scene.
- Fierce Bad Rabbit – “Everything’s Alright”
- George Michael – “Careless Whisper”
- George Michael, Astrud Gilberto – “Desafinado” – I hate only knowing the popular radio-released songs by obviously talented musicians, so every so often I go poking around on spotify for lesser-known songs by familiar artists. I really like this one.
- Grant Lee Buffalo – “Were You There”
- The Greencards – “Girl in the Telescope” – A song about crushes, unrequited love, etc.
- Greensky Bluegrass – “Ryder’s Song” – A nice, pretty slow song by a bluegrassy band with lots of energy. I’m pretty sure I have heard this one live, but a year or so after I posted the list with this song.
- Greensky Bluegrass – “The Radio Blues” – I only saw this band once live, and they didn’t play this one, which would have been my request. So sad, but it was a good show. One of my good friends was the drummer for the other band that night, so I was really not there to see this band, but they were still good.
- Harry Manx – “Long Black Veil” – Here it is, the rendition of “Long Black Veil” on my list. Another bubbler has a different artist’s rendition of this song on her playlist posts. This one is by a folk singer from the Isle of Man, and it is easily one of my favorite versions of this great song.
- Hazel Miller – “What A Difference a Day Makes” – I posted this song on a playlist while Ryan Kelly’s future was still uncertain, so fairly early in my playlists. I know this because I went looking for a recording of this song, as it expressed an idea I was talking about on my posts on tumblr, about the way everything was going on as normal one day (June 2nd) and a day later one of my favorite singers was in the hospital and maybe dying (and I was one of the computer-savy fans at the core of the fan response for the next few weeks). This song comes to mind whenever major tragedies happen, but that was the event I had in mind when I found this one. The singer is a really great lady who lives in Denver, one of our Colorado resident Grammy winning artists, and one of the nicest people I’ve met.
To add any of the songs from my Starred playlist to your own spotify playlists just drag the song you like into the playlist you want to add it to. If you need to make a new playlist first, just click the “+ New Playlist” on the left-hand side of the spotify screen and give your new list a name. Also, to follow me on spotify just go to my profile and click follow. You’ll see what I am listening to on your own spotify console and be able to discover more great music as I do. (profile link:http://open.spotify.com/user/128264634)
Playlist link: http://open.spotify.com/user/128264634/starred